Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Funday... Kinda

Once again, the weekend has gone far too quickly. I’m down to my last 3.5 hours of work for the week… until I start again tomorrow for a 13 hour day. Happy Monday to me right? Not. One of these days I’ll have a full weekend where nothing else is going on – it will feel nice to relax and refuel. But this weekend wasn’t it, and next weekend won’t be either. But someday – it will be for real.
So I finally have internet in my apartment! Now I don’t have to sit and waste my 3G on my phone while I sit around on Pinterest looking for recipes and DIY activities – I can do that via my computer J I’ve also been watching some of my shows on Hulu and Netflix – Chopped and Glee. The necessities obviously. Plus the wireless is great so I can sit in bed with my computer and a glass of wine… basically I’m saying this so you’re all jealous. Not that you don’t already do it – I’m just saying. It’s pretty awesome. Once I got my internet all set up I was stoked to go out and pick up a router and an HDMI cord so I could hook my computer up to my TV and watch my shows and movies through the TV. Well as I thought more about it… I realized my two-in-one combo with DVD player and TV is too old to even know what an HDMI hookup is. So. That’s depressing. Something more depressing – buying a new TV. So I’ve got my research and work cut out for me – because I’d rather spend my money on multiple things rather than one big item. I want my bang for my buck, but would rather have it gifted to me. Sooooo if anyone is getting rid of a TV in good shape… let me know J Or just offer up some ideas for where to get me a good TV that I don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for. Mk thanks J
I’m going to admit something here – I’m not really proud of it… but it happens. More than it probably should. This week I threw a temper tantrum. Full out tantrum, like a three year old. No real reason for it either – those are usually how they go too. Back story: I ordered a shelving unit for my bathroom from Amazon so I could get the free 2-day shipping for being a Prime member (don’t let me forget to cancel it so I don’t get billed $80 for having that) and have the shelf here so I could have plenty of time to put it together and organized before the weekend. Apparently I need to sign for the package – so I didn’t get it. My plan was to pick it up after work on Thursday and still have time to put it together. Wrong again. UPS didn’t leave a notice saying they “missed me” so I called all over town trying to figure out where it was. I yelled at an automated system – “I want to know where my package is so I can pick it up” and heard “I’m sorry – I didn’t understand you” from the snarky automated system lady. I didn’t really appreciate it. So rather than putting the rest of my apartment away, I decided to get in bed at 6:30 with leftover dinner, a glass of wine, animal crackers, Toby, and rerun episodes of Glee. So there. I showed life what’s up. Finally received my “missed you” notice from UPS and called Saturday morning to pick it up at the post office. Turns out – UPS has their own office – and I should “probably call their office” (as per the rude man from the post office) to pick it up. I call UPS – they’re only open Monday through Friday. Which is stellar – seeing as it’s Saturday morning. So then I have to get it stopped so it doesn’t try and deliver it to me on Monday when I’m not there (again) and then I’ll pick it up on Tuesday. I’m just annoyed at this point – again. Clearly life didn’t care that I needed to organize my bathroom. Rude. Thanks life – I owe you one.
I also did something very stupid this week. Something I swore I’d NEVER do again. EVER. I signed up for the Dam to Dam 20K. The non-refundable, now-you’re-stuck-with-it race on June 1st. Awesome. Let’s keep in mind that I really haven’t run since last May – before the last D2D that I had to drop out of on account of my brain had a mild tantrum. So that’s cool. I mean it’s not like I haven’t worked out at all since then, but still. I hate running, I don’t know why I do it – but I am. Plus, another friend of mine – she who shall not be named – has been blogging about her progress training for a half-marathon so I really didn’t want to be a big baby about running. So there you have it. I am an idiot – again – and will be running four days a week for the next 10 weeks. Prepare yourselves for the bitching and moaning that will happen after my long runs. At least this year (hopefully) I won’t have any weddings or bachelorette parties coinciding with the race. Puke. Now I just have to schedule my long, weekend runs with my work schedule and other activities. I’m annoyed already. Training starts tomorrow – 3 miles here I come!
After my semi-productive morning yesterday, followed by a 5 hour shift at job 1 of 3, I had a sushi and wine date with my favorite brunette last night J We tried out a new-ish sushi place (kind of a sketch area… but eh – why not) and drank some moscato while we prepped for our friends’ opening night performance of their new band. The sushi was pretty decent – I think the next time I’ll actually eat in-house so I can pick up on the ambiance of the place. And maybe take in a sake bomb or two J We headed to Jeanie’s Bottle after we’d finished getting ready – and playing with her new ADORABLE black lab puppy… I could have stuck her in my purse and taken her home with me she’s so stinkin cute. We arrived in time to hear most of their opening act – Kick! Who is a great band from a smaller town west of here, made up of 18-19 year olds. They rock. They were so fun to watch – so much energy. Probably because they were just graduating high school and still had enough energy to get crazy like that – if I’d jumped around for an hour I’d be exhausted and need a nap. But they stayed out during our friends’ performance and cheered them on. Our friends’ show was so great – I’m so happy for them to have such a great first show. They covered awesome songs, got us all up and dancing, and made me lose my voice a little. Props to you, Ardmore Road – I’ll be seeing you again J
After a longer night than anticipated, I woke up this morning needing some coffee before our “girls day” full of lunch and pedicures with my mama and sister. I also brought my laundry over because I haven’t figured out exactly where the laundry room is in my building yet… maybe I should figure that out. Plus I didn’t have enough quarters. So there’s that. I got requests for coffee and came home to have everyone up and moving. We had planned to get going by 10 am – well instead we watched at least an hour’s worth of random YouTube videos (sloth crossing the road, multiple “Harlem Shake” videos, puppy GIFs, and Jeff Gordon scaring the crap out of a salesman) and hung out in time to get to the nail salon by noon. And before that we obviously had to watch Anjelah Johnson’s “Beautiful Nail” (just one?) so we’d be prepared for “Tammy” to do our nails and make fun of us. I had minor surgery done on my toe – I don’t know what she was digging for but good lord. Take it down a notch. Then when we were done, they tried to send us out of there wearing those foam flippie floppies. No thanks Tammy – there’s snow on the ground. Not happening. So I risked messing up my new pedicure to put socks and boots on. Wasn’t about to freeze my toes off. I need those to help me run a million miles. Yuck.
The rest of my night – after my work shift – includes finishing my laundry (that my awesome sister is folding for me) and hitting up the grocery store to prep for book club this week. I’ve got an interesting menu (hopefully) for the girls and need to get all my materials so it all works out as planned. Fingers crossed my Suzy Homemaker skillz (yea skillz – watch out Martha Stewart) pull through for me and it’s not all a bust.
I was torn this week on quotes… so I’m going to use both. The first… just something to get you through the day – whether it be a good or bad day. Just remember:
“Life is better when you’re laughing.”
Laugh with friends, laugh at stupid videos, laugh at yourself. Laughter truly is the best medicine.
The second, really does impact how the rest of your day goes. I really hadn’t thought about it like this before, but Volaire is correct:
“The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.”
No matter what happens during the day – remind yourself that you are going to be in a good mood. The minute you wake up and think “I hate today, today is stupid, I don’t want to do anything” is an awful day. And even the smallest, most insignificant things will piss you off even more. If you started your day off with “I’m going to be in a good mood” and shitty stuff happens to you – you’re just going to let it roll off your shoulders and move on. Holding grudges and not letting things go doesn’t help you at all. Plus it’s going to make everyone around you just as grouchy. And you don’t want to be THAT person who ruins the moods of everyone around them. That sucks. And we all know people who do that. Don’t be that person. Just don’t do it.
The moral of the story today kids – laugh and decide to be in a good mood. The laughter is guaranteed to improve your mood as well… so there you go – two birds with one stone J
In love and laughter,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment