Monday, September 15, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-CHANGES

So remember how I pinky promised that I would write more? Well as it turns out - I have commitment problems. I haven't written more - as you could probably tell. Probably because I said I would, and didn't tell you exactly how MUCH more I would write. And for that - I apologize. But I'm tired of apologizing. I'm ready for a change.


When I started this blog, I was going through a rough time. I was unsure of where my life was going at that time, and I wanted to challenge myself to do something new. Things have gotten much better, TENFOLD, and at this point it's feeling like a job. And that's absolutely not what I wanted. Of course I love writing - but I see this going in another direction. So if you continue to follow me, which you totes should, just know that there will be a transition period. But it will be worth it.

But let's see, what's new with me. I'm reading more since I'm home ALL ALONE during the week, but it's all good. I'm also working out more regularly. I actually gave myself some rules regarding my health. I'm grounding myself from booze during the week. No workout = no booze. RUN. LIFT. YOGA. Sweat - every. damn. day. Five meals a day. Read. Wear sunscreen. (Just kidding - but really.) Go to bed before 10 during the week. NO EXCUSES. My clothes are tight and I don't like how it feels. But you know what's cheaper than new clothes? My FREE gym memberships. When we had our Wellness Fair in the office a few weeks ago, we did our biometric screenings. She told me my BMI (I'm too short) and we discussed ways to get that number down. Anything she told me, I already knew. I was pretty much answering questions for her. Eat better. Be active. Lay off the sugar and alcohol. Drink more water. I know all of this. It just needs to happen. So I'm just making it happen. It's going to happen. No matter how I have to do it. 


I learned something about myself last week. Networking makes me anxious. Last week I had two different networking events and I actually STRUGGLED. I never thought I didn't like it, until then. I even went with a couple people from work. Still. Pretty positive I was pitting out of my shirt. I don't know what it is! I'm sure it will get better and easier but dude. It was rough. Next month our office is sponsoring an event and I'm pretty much in charge of this. Looks like I'll have to get over my stage fright whether I want to or not!

And more planning in my future - I have somehow become in charge of our office holiday party. I've got less than 3 months to make this party awesome. And it totally will be - a roaring 20s/Prohibition themed shindig. Decorations, drinks, appetizers, attire. I need to watch Gatsby multiple times between now and then. And anything else having to do with the 20s. And obviously I'll have to find a new dress... because why wouldn't I need a flapper style dress? Exactly.


Okay kids. I'm out for the night. After flying out of bed 30 minute before I had to be at work today, I feel like I need to get to bed a little earlier tonight. Have a wonderful night y'all - get excited for the future!

Peace, Love, Dove
S

No comments:

Post a Comment