Thursday, February 14, 2013

Wine and Socks

I had an entire post written out, bullet pointed topics and all – and I’m just not feeling it tonight. I know it’s been forever since I’ve written, and usually I can come up with little quips about everything I’d done leading up to the post… and I’m just not feeling it. Maybe it’s because I waited too long and it’s not fresh in my mind, or if I feel like I’d bore you all with all the AWESOMENESS that I’ve completed throughout the last couple weeks. I’ll go with all the awesomeness. Because I’ll be honest – there was a ton of it. Let’s just go with a brief overview:
·         Groundhogs Day Shenanigans
o   Go kart racing at 3 am
o   Dance parties at 3 am
o   Explosion that shook the foundation
o   Man things (ie. Shooting guns and touring beer factories)
o   Cards Against Humanity – we’re all terrible people
·         Coffee and wine dates
o   I have amazing friends
o   I like making new-old friends
o   I love coffee (duh)
o   I love wine (another duh)
·         Birthday Shenanigans
o   SUSHI = one of my new faves
o   Popcorn fights
o   Stripper songs at the bar
o   Dance party at the Beaver Tap (yeesh)
·         Baconfest
o   Too. Much. Bacon.
o   Nap immediately following.
o   You might become a vegetarian for a while.
·         Denim Shenanigans
o   Do I really need to explain this?
o   So much denim, so little time
o   Kelly Kapowski and 90s grunge
And that’s about it. I could go into detail but I think the bullet points help. And with all this ridiculousness I think I’ve made myself sick – so good work me on that. Still feeling a little rough on this Valentine’s Day… but hopefully it will get better. Yes – today is Valentine’s Day, and I am working job number two. Not that worried about it – it was either I sit here writing my blog, or I sit at home clearing out my DVR queue (what a weird word) to make room for more Hoarders and My Strange Addiction. I’d prefer the latter, but it looks like I’ll entertain the rest of you with my hilarity. You’re welcome, world. As a quick sidenote - my mom just stopped by work to drop off my Valentine's Day gift... a bottle of wine and a package of new socks. That's love right there.
It’s been an interesting couple of weeks (see above) but then I’ve also had a lot of new and different conversations during that time as well. Some good, none bad, and some that still have me thinking “what the f.” (I’d swear but I don’t use profanity. Lolz.) As seen above, I love my friends. They are there for me no matter what. They may tell me I’m a dumb ass (that’s not a swear word – it’s a donkey) or tell me to get my shit together (no excuse for that one) but they’re always honest with  me. I’d rather have it that way than sugar coat everything and then be upset when all I’d really wanted is their honest opinions on decisions. Sure – I may not take their advice and I may toss away their opinion… but isn’t that how any conversation goes? Maybe it’s one of those things that you want to hear what you want to hear, but you want to hear what someone else has to say… to see if your opinion is “right.” Does that make sense? The group of people I choose to surround myself with, are people whom I do usually take their advice and opinions to heart. Sometimes it’s hard to hear – but other times it’s exactly what I need. I may have just talked in a complete circle right there……….. but I think it makes sense. A lot of what I get is “I can’t tell you what to do, and I will support you in your decision. Just make sure you think everything all the way through and be careful.” It would be nice to see what the future holds though, wouldn’t it? That way you could see which path you chose and see how it changes your life. Like one of those “choose your own adventure books.” I suppose that’s life though isn’t it? Except you can’t skip ahead to see which ending you’d like the best. You just have to keep making your own choices, and wait for the ending. ß That was quite philosophical – I’m impressed. Also not surprised that I compared life’s journey to a book… go figure.
Speaking of books – and changing topics – I “like” Book Riot on Facebook. It’s super nerdy and super AWESOME because they have everything BOOK on there. They wish authors “happy birthday,” they have “top 10 lists” of anything from the best library scenes to quotes about books, and the best I’ve seen – DIY projects having to do with books. My latest DIY (maybe) that I want to do is make a headboard for my bed – made out of old book covers. I nearly fell over when I saw it. How fantastically PERFECT for me. If I decide against the headboard, I could always do some table decorations or wall décor as well. Basically – I’m having books all over my house – FOREVER.
Quite the random entry tonight… sorry I’m not sorry.
I promise I will try and keep up from now on – and I need to start marking things off the officially, official LIST. Next entry I’ll go through and see what I’ve accomplished in a month and a half and see what I need to do to step up my game.
Now comes that time of the night that we’re all waiting for… the quote. This brought to you by the ever intelligent Emily Dickinson…
“Dwell in possibility…”
The “what-ifs” in life are sometimes the best things.  So – dwell in possibility. See what happens when those “what-ifs” become real.
Love and best dishes… I mean wishes (sorry Paula – didn’t mean to take your line)
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment