Monday, November 18, 2013

BIG News Inside... Not that big... Only like 10k worth...


I’ve got goals, goals and goals galore! Great words for a Monday, am I right? After a bad decision last week of stepping on the scale post-workout (those things should be BANNED) it pretty much ruined my day. I mean I know I’ve been eating a lot of delicious food and drinking delicious beer, BUT I’ve also been working out pretty consistently. Apparently – not consistently enough. I grouched through the rest of the day and sent whiney texts to some friends to make me feel better – but it didn’t help. It’s all my own fault for being unhappy with the number I saw (devil machine) so I knew that I was the only one who could truly make a change. After apologizing for sending those whiny texts, I set out to make a change. It’s not about the number on the scale, it’s about how you feel. After a workout, I feel like I’m dying, but then I feel better. I have more energy and I’m in a better mood – why wouldn’t I want that to continue? And from there – I set some goals. And for your entertainment… here they are:

DRINK MORE WATER. More Cardio. Cut carbs (not COMPLETELY because carbs are my favorite food and I would HATE LIFE if I had zero carbs in my life). More fruits and veggies. Eat when you’re hungry, not when you’re bored. And last but not least – I HAVE TO BE IN A BIKINI IN JANUARY.

Gah. That last one is killer. Usually “bikini season” isn’t till summer… nope. Hawaii in January makes me push through the holidays without missing workouts and eating like a cow. It will be tough – but so worth it. Not that it REALLY matters because I won’t know ANYONE there – but still. There will be pictures and I want to look semi-decent in a bikini. But carbs… noms. That will be tough. Like I said – not cutting them out COMPLETELY – but maybe don’t eat a giant bowl of pasta at 11 pm. Makes sense.

And since last week… I don’t have much for you. Other than I’m clearly a relative of Picasso. Friday night I headed to Glazed Expressions with my mama for some wine and painting. I think the last time I painted anything was middle school – so that’s always fun. I mean it wasn’t hard – they walk you through each step and it’s just up to you to make it YOUR’S. It was actually really fun, and kind of relaxing. I’d for sure do it again – especially now that I have a punch card. Only four more classes and I get one FO FREE!! Check out the awesomeness of the eggs we painted. (Also when I look at mine all I want to do is sing “Colors of the Wind” because it makes me think of Pocahontas. You’re welcome for that being in your head now.)
Photo: Thanks Sara Embrey for painting with me tonight. I think we did a mighty fine job if I do say so myself!!  Love you!
 


I got to participate in some shopping for bridesmaid dresses this weekend too – tis the season! Well not yet anyway – but it will be come 2014! Three weddings in three months – two that I’m a part of. Better pick up some extra shifts EVERYWHERE to make sure I’ve got some extra cash moneys rolling in. After a quick try-on sesh with the lovely bridesmaids and bride-to-be, we headed to Mi Mexico for shaker margaritas and lunch. And since we had time to kill after lunch, we hit up Mickey’s for a couple drinks before heading to try on more dresses. And in the finale – we found a dress! We said yes to the dress! Now we can start shopping for the shoes and accessories… the funner part. And yet another reason for these goals – fitting into a dress 6 months from now. Being a girl is hard work.

So after all this positivity, I’m going to turn into a real Grinch. For those of you who know me well, I am ADAMENT about not putting up Christmas decorations until after my birthday (December 2 – for those of you who forgot. My wishlist is on Amazon in case you’re interested…) and I get super Scrooge-esque when November 1st comes and BAM – Christmas shit everywhere. On the radio, in the malls, online. It’s terrible. I hate it. At least wait until after Thanksgiving. Don’t celebrate one holiday until the one prior is finished. At work I received an invite on my Outlook calendar to set up the Christmas tree and I responded with “this goes against everything I believe in.” I just got laughed at. But seriously. So the fact that I work at the mall and it’s nearing holiday, just makes me even more Grinch/Scrooge-like. HOWEVER. This is probably the first year where I’ve already started my Christmas shopping. I usually wait till like – the week OF Christmas to start my shopping. I’ve actually got shopping DONE for a few people… which is so weird to me. Plus I’ve got a list going of what I want to get for other people, and even some decorations I want to get. Don’t get me wrong – I will NOT put the decorations up until AFTER the big 2-7 (and the one year anniversary of this blog – yikes) – but I can start prepping.

Now I need all of you to go back into your minds, read back through my past blog posts and remember the line “I will never run again.” And then think about this next line – I will be running the Drake 10K come April. Are you rolling your eyes yet? I did a little bit. But – a 10K is my MAX… it’s only 6.2 miles… and I’ll be aiming for an hour. If I get it done in less than an hour – bomb diggity. Looks like training will commence after the first of the year. And after I get back from beaching it for a week. God I hate running. What am I thinking? It’s good for me? Absolutely not. I’m going to hurt so bad it won’t be funny. But at least it’s running for an hour and not two and a half. Or five. God that would suck. But an hour – why not? What do I really have to lose?

“Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” – Paulo Coelho

So seriously – what do I have to lose? It’s only 6 miles. It’s only an hour of my life. Plus – it gets me in shape. It’s a good way to clear your head. Much like yoga. Someday I’ll learn to love to run – maybe. Or maybe not. Maybe I’ll forever be the type of workout person who does EBR (Everything But Run – I just made that up right now… tell your friends) and is fine with it. Maybe I’ll have an epiphany and running will be awesome. You just never know.

Now if you’ll excuse me… I’m going to see what I can do about getting a copy of Catching Fire so I can read it this week and go see the movie this weekend. Katniss is my girl. And so is J. Law – let’s be real though… she’s EVERYONE’S girl. I want to be friends with her.
Get out there and take a risk. Be brave. Experience is key.

Experiment for Experience,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment