Friday, April 11, 2014

Never Stop Smiling.



Today is a good day. Not one reason in particular… but just in general. Today is a great day. Maybe because it’s Friday, and because the sun is shining, and because I get to see friends tomorrow I haven’t seen in a while and because my friends are getting married tomorrow or maybe because I get to play old school arcade games tomorrow night. Maybe it’s all of the above. Maybe it’s because I’m listening to music that reminds me of college and that makes me happy. So many reasons today is a good day. 

I woke up in a good mood today – which is always a good thing. The sun was shining and a warm-ish breeze was coming through the open window. I was ready to tackle the day. I left for work earlier than I had all week and stopped for a Skinny Vanilla Latte (supposed to be a macchiato but who really knows the difference) and made it in with plenty of time to spare. After answering emails and checking in with people I took a good look outside. It’s gorgeous out. And then after lunch I had errands to run and headed out into the warm sunshine. Do you know how hard it was to come back to work after that? I was getting warm in my car from the sun shining in, and my hair was getting messed up from the wind since I had the windows down. It was blissful. If I didn’t have to work tonight, I may have played hooky the rest of the day. Maybe. I could just picture myself out on a patio somewhere, with a cold beer in my hand – soaking up the sun while I finish up The Happiness Project. (The more I think about this, the more I just want to peace out right now.)
While I was sitting here daydreaming about summer nights, I got more and more excited. I have so many things that I’m looking forward to in the upcoming months. I’m looking forward to simple things like breakfast burritos and chocolate beers at the Farmer’s Market. I can’t wait until yoga in the park begins and I can ohm it out in nature. I want a sunburn. I want to sit out on a patio and grill. I want to sit next to a fire pit next to a lake and just be. I am surprisingly excited for the two upcoming races I have. I’m overwhelmed with excitement for Wanderlust – where I will be in touch with my inner hippie. I want outdoor concerts and all the crazy that comes with them. I want to sleep with the windows open and wake up when the sun comes up and stay out late and enjoy EVERYTHING.
“Take a deep breath and enjoy your LIFE.”
I want to camp. I want to sleep on the ground and eat s’mores and cook hot dogs over the fire. I want to go wine tasting and try to golf. I want to earn my tan lines and read lots of books. I want to practice postures until they’re the best I can make them – and try new foods, because I am a grown up. I don’t ever want to stop smiling.
“Attract what you expect, reflect what you desire, become what you respect, mirror what you admire.”
I’m just really looking forward to the upcoming positive, new experiences. Some won’t be new, but all will make me a better… me. And that’s all I want right now. Happiness. Pure and simple.
“If you want to be happy, be.”
The end. For today. Enjoy it.
S

No comments:

Post a Comment