Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cold Meds

Sunday nights are always a night for thinking - to prepare yourself for the upcoming week as well as reminiscing about the past weekend. I've got plenty on my mind this evening as the day comes to a close. Yes - I do realize that it's just after 8 pm so I've actually got a solid 4 hours before tomorrow, but I'm completely wiped. As excited as I was for my new activities on Friday morning, I missed out on both of them. I have finally caught the sick bug that has been floating around my office for at least the last month - and waking up Friday morning to go workout just wasn't going to happen as I couldn't breathe out of my nose and my throat was so dry. So I missed out on trying not to die in Farrell's as well as my chance to have a pretty sure shot at seeing a shooting star. So I'm a little crabby about that - but everything happens for a reason, right? I'll just keep telling myself that. And keep my eyes and ears open for new information on another meteor shower so I won't have to wait several thousand years to catch another one.

This weekend ended up being much more eventful than planned - which always has it's pros and cons. I got an email Friday afternoon from the volunteer coordinator at the ARL to let me know that they had an opening for dog companion training for Saturday morning! I was so excited to get it made up - I'm definitely ready to go in and play with all the puppies! The training lasted about 2.5 hours, and it wasn't until the last 30 minutes when we actually got to interract with the dogs. Which surprisingly, there were only about 12 of them in the shelter. It was disappointing for me since I didn't get to see as many dogs as I had planned on, yet it's also a great thing for all the dogs who were getting adopted out. I obviously found a couple that I wanted to take home with me, but I don't think Toby would appreciate me bringing home a stranger that he didn't approve of. Again with his possessiveness. It's becoming a real issue in our relationship. I'll bring it up in our next therapy session. He needs to chill.

Saturday night was a little out of my comfort zone as well - I had been invited to an Ugly Sweater party that night. It was very last minute, so I rummaged around my mom's closet and came up with some sweet Santa Converse sneaks, a reindeer necklace made out of clothespins, and some jingle bell earrings - one of which was broken, so halfway through the night I had to switch ears so I didn't end up with ringing in one ear all night. As I'm preparing for this party, I'm thinking it's going to be EVERYONE at the bar dressed as ridiculous as possible. Little did I know, this wasn't an Ugly Sweater Party. This was a small gathering of people (5 to be exact) who just wanted to wear ugly Christmas sweaters out to the bar. So. I had anticipated on a large group of us looking ridiculous. Wrong. Just five of us. FIVE OF US. Don't get me wrong - it was so fun, just a nice little surprise. So I rocked those Santa Chucks like it was my JOB and danced like a fool. Never a dull moment while you're dressed in what could only be explained as though an elf vomitted Christmas cheer all over me and sent me out in public. Hooray for holiday shenanigans!

Today was one of the best days I've had in a while - my sister came home from Dubai! I've chatted with her on Skype and via text/KIK but I haven't SEEN her in person since mid-August. It was so great to see my baby sister back from such an amazing experience with all the new knowledge she aquired while there for the last 4 months. As she came down the escalator at the airport with one of the people she student taught with, they were both wearing traditional Arabic outfits. Outfits...? Is that what I'm looking for? Possibly - anyway... they certainly surprised us. I'm so glad she's back, even if it's just for a few weeks before she heads out for another semester in Cedar Falls. However, two hours away is much better than where she's been the last four  months. I could drive up to see her for lunch some day, rather than strategically plan our schedules around a skype date.

The upcoming week is a busy one for me - and I'm excited about each night evening. I do need to get my ass to the gym in the mornings for the rest of the week though as my exciting-ness all happens after work. Anyway - plus I need to get my ass to the gym anyway if I am planning on continuing to bake cookies and cakes and pies - OH MY! Can't be skipping the gym to make a pie. That's just not how these things work. Maybe baking will be a reward for working out... or vice versa? Sometimes I'm not sure which would be the reward and which would be the punishment. Perhaps I'll do a small study... let me consult Dr Sheldon Cooper on his thoughts and get back to you.

I am currently updating my official "to do list" to add a few things and edit others. That should be coming out later this week, so stay tuned! I'm always open to suggestions on new things to do or try, so I'd love your input.

And on that note... I'm going to keep you all waiting for another day or two for some of the good stuff. I can feel my cold meds starting to kick in, so before I write something completely ridiculous I should probably log off and hit the sack. Have a great beginning to your week - and hopefully by Hump Day I'll be able to give you a little break for some much needed laughs and insights to get you over that mid-week hump and into the downhill trip to the weekend!

I would like to leave you with this in your mind as I head to bed for the night - anytime I hear some One Direction, I can't help but dance and sing all of the lyrics. Whether it be on the radio, coming from my computer, or an earlier episode of Glee where the Warblers cover one of their songs, I can't help it. It's just so damn catchy. So now - as my cold meds are REALLY kicking in, I'm sure I'll have a mini dance party in my room before shutting off the lights. Please - no autographs please. I'm just that awesome at performing to boy band music. Watch out if it's some old school NSYNC... you won't know what hit you.

Hugs and Kisses...
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment