Saturday, December 22, 2012

Bucket List - The Officially, Official List. Starting: Now.

Although it has taken longer than planned to get “The List” up and posted, it is ready for the public to be witness to. I will be looking for assistance with many of these items – but now that it’s out for everyone to see, I can’t wait to get started.
On the original “list” there were a lot of VERY specific activities to complete. I broadened those horizons a bit to make them a little more generic to maximize the benefit I would receive while finishing these tasks. I have chosen 50 different activities, jobs, ideas, etc. to complete by the end of 2013. I will be starting them IMMEDIATELY.  Many of these will be ongoing as previously stated, and a lot of them will be repeated even if they weren’t originally intended to be. But it may be something where I loved it so much the first time that I continue.
So – I know you’ve all been waiting so very patiently for the officially, OFFICIAL list… here goes!
1)      Get my spin certification (finally)
2)      Carve a pumpkin
3)      Build a snowman
4)      Go ice skating
5)      Read 40 books in a year (start there and read more if I can)
6)      Do a wine tasting – or five
7)      Start a new tradition
8)      Learn to play tennis
9)      Learn to golf
10)   Skydive
11)   Send out birthday and Christmas cards
12)   Send out handwritten “thank you” cards
13)   Become a yoga enthusiast
14)   Shop local
15)   Take a cooking class
16)   Learn to bake. Period. Cookies, cakes, pies, etc.
17)   Cook a Thanksgiving meal – turkey and all
18)   Attend a book banning rally/meeting and voice my opinion
19)   Do the splits
20)   Find my favorites – food, song, artist, restaurant
21)   Attend an art exhibit
22)   Go camping and hiking
23)   Learn how to sew
24)   Get a tattoo
25)   Road trip to see friends
26)   Write fan mail
27)   Learn how to grill more than hotdogs
28)   Reconnect with old friends
29)   See Chelsea Handler
30)   Assist in the adoption process at the ARL
31)   Complete DIY projects
32)   Daily random acts of kindness
33)   Smile, laugh and learn something new everyday
34)   Become a cook
35)   Go to the State Fair
36)   Participate in Norwegian baking traditions during the holidays
37)   Volunteer
38)   Make my bed every day
39)   Do 12 races
40)   Buy a car
41)   Enjoy a spa day
42)   Get organized (in all aspects of life)
43)   Buy myself something sparkly
44)   Read and watch the classics (list to come)
45)   Host a dinner party or two
46)   Attend showers, weddings, parties for my friends
47)   Keep a plant alive
48)   Be spontaneous
49)   Go to shows and sporting events – locally famous or a little more famous
50)   Go to the Fleur Cinema by myself – with wine, cheesecake, and an Indie film

Well – there’s the list. What do you think? Think I can complete all these by the end of 2013? I suppose I should also add to my list “photograph and log EVERYTHING” so it doesn’t take me weeks to put up a new post. Better sync up that iCloud so I’ve got back up to prove that I’ve actually done all these things.
While making this list and thinking of all the things I want to do in the upcoming year, I have been and will continue to do a lot of research. I need to figure out when and how I’m going to do everything on this list. Like I said before, I may need many of your help – and this is where I need it. If any of you devoted readers (there may be a couple of you floating around… J) have any suggestions for these, they would be GREATLY appreciated. For example – books to read, races to run, shows to see, recipes to try… I am ALL ears. Or eyes in this case as this is a blog and not an open forum to speak. I suppose if I get REALLY creative I could come up with a vlog… but that seems like a lot of work. And perhaps I should get through 25 of these 50 before I get too crazy.
By posting my completions of items on “the list,” I will be holding myself accountable for anything I do. That way I won’t just pull my usual “I should try this…” and then never follow through. So… here goes nothing… wish me luck! Words of wisdom and encouragement are highly encouraged… can’t wait to get started!
Deep breaths – here we go! Thank you all for joining me on this “adventure” on finding myself J
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment