Monday, December 10, 2012

Results Reveal...

I know you've all been patiently waiting for the results of the Rumchata cupcakes... and I must say - they were DELICIOUS! Extremely sweet - because of all the sugar and booze - and not very pretty, but they were yummy! Pretty proud of myself - for as well as they turned out. I'm taking a break from the baking - mostly because it was EXHAUSTING and you can only bake so many cupcakes before never wanting to touch another one again. I have seen some yummy cookie and pie recipes... but those may need to wait a bit. Although when I make my first pie - yes, FIRST pie... I'm going to have to do multiple pies because I don't think I could just throw myself into that one. Pies are terrifying. I mean if you think about it - REAL bakers make their own crust and that in itself makes me want to cuddle up with a bottle of wine and a Gossip Girl marathon and cry myself to sleep. However... that sounds like a fantastic idea anyway - sans the crying, of course. Perhaps if I watch enough of the Food Network then I will somehow absorb all the cooking talent through osmosis. Perhaps? That would be great... but I won't hold my breath.

Anyway - back to the results. As my lunch meal for the week - I made crockpot pulled buffalo chicken. Also - a DELICIOUS meal. And probably one of the easiest things EVER to cook. A 3lb bag of frozen chicken breasts, a bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce, and a packet of ranch seasoning. Leave it in the crockpot for the day and BOOM - delicious. It did have a nice kick to it - I'll definitely be sure to always keep some Ranch dressing on hand... yowsa. I've got plenty of leftovers, which I'm pretty pumped about, because now for the next two weeks I can eat it as many ways possible. In a wrap, as a sandwich, on a salad... I'm sure I could come up with more. I mean, buffalo chicken is buffalo chicken. Ooh I could put it on pizza! And now I'm sidetracked with food - weird.

One little piece of helpful information though - when using a crockpot, make sure that the outlet you plug it into actually works. Your food cooks faster that way. Just a minor snafu (snafoo? snafuu? I don't know how to spell that) on Saturday - but once I figured it out and got it really heating up, we were golden. So just make sure to check your outlets before you do anything major so you don't come home and have your food not cooked. I would cry. And then order a pizza and drink some wine and think about how Giada would NEVER let that happen in her kitchen. How embarrassing.

On a sad note though - my dog training was cancelled for Sunday so I didn't get a chance to play with the puppies! I'll have to reschedule that so I can get some volunteer hours in. I just need to keep my distance at least a little while so I don't end up with 20 cats and 8 dogs. I am not ready to be on that episode of Hoarders yet. Give me 30 years or so and things may change. If you're all lucky you can tune into TLC or A&E and just happen to be flipping through and see Dr Robin Zasio coming into my house full of animals and other shenanigans and think, "SARA! I KNOW HER!"

I haven't decided any specific recipes that I'll be making the rest of the week, or the new things I'll be trying. Looks like I need to spend some more time on Pinterest to figure out what's next. But until then, I'll be busy this week with work, cleaning, attempting Farrell's without dying, and getting everything ready for my baby sister to come home! These 4 months took FOREVER and I can't wait for her to head back. I'm so proud of her for stepping so far out of her comfort zone and grabbing this opportunity. But mostly I'm excited for her to be back!!

And real fast - some of you know how much of a Scrooge I can be during Christmas... but I am currently sitting and watching Michael Buble's Christmas Special and I haven't turned it off. He must be an exception to the rule. But the first Christmas song I hear tomorrow will be followed by a "GAH! TURN IT OFF!" and then me punching the buttons in my car to change the station to something to wake me up for the day.

And on that note - my violent tendancies now off the back burner - it's time for me to retire to bed. Actually I'm going to do some stretching because I thought I was the Karate Kid tonight in kickboxing - I'm not. And my 26 year old body knows that, however my mind thinks I'm in much better shape than what is reality. I should probably pop a few Ibuprofen, chug some water, and bust out the Icy/Hot before hauling myself into bed. Tomorrow will be rough. But worth it.

Peace out homies... catch ya on the flipside
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment