Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day 2 - if it's got "hash" in the title, I'll eat it.

All right you guys - day 2 is done. And I'm not dying. Pretty cool right? I mean - I know there's so much that can happen during the next 28 days... but I think I really can do this. I started off my morning (running late... again) by making my breakfast, lunch, and planning my #whole30 dinner date night. Pretty successful morning. But then I had to trek it through the snow - not terrible, city of WDM. You've improved since the last snow fall.

Breakfast consisted of a hard boiled egg (I think I overcooked them a little) and a smoothie. This smoothie was WAY mo betta than yesterday's tragic attempt. This one consisted of a banana, cranberries, and blueberries. Noms. I drank my coffee black again - and didn't hate it, again. I for sure love my coffee sweet... but it's not terrible. The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly, and I got my ass handed to me in my 20/30 challenge. One class down, 19 to go! Zero chaturangas, yet I was still DRIPPING in sweat. Which was really fun considering I had to go back out into the snow to get back to work. Whatevs. I got back to work and ate my pre-made breakfast for lunch - an egg scramble with spinach, chicken and sundried tomatoes and an apple.

I took off work a little early to make sure I could get home without all the idiots out driving around and had time to watch a couple episodes of Dexter before my #whole30 dinner date. On the menu tonight: Sweet Potato Hash with hamburger, peppers, onions, and eggs. Let me tell you - it was AMAZING. Plus - I've got leftovers for a meal tomorrow! My #whole30 buddy and I talked about how this whole "clean eating" thing really isn't THAT bad. I mean - the hardest thing (which is sad) is the booze. With the snow today, all I wanted to do was pick up a bottle (or two) of wine on the way home from work, snuggle up on the couch with Toby, watch Dexter, and watch the snow fall while relaxing with a nice glass (bottle) of $5 Barefoot wine. Meals like tonight make it seem so much easier than it might actually be. Now the key is to PLAN ahead. Dinners like that are awesome. I'm totally full, I have leftovers, and it was delicious. I could have that every day.

AND THEN - while watching episodes of OITNB, I decided to search Pinterest for #whole30 recipes. And seriously - SO MANY RECIPES. I found a ton of them, and they all sounded really good and reasonable. As long as I can "trick" myself into eating healthy stuff, I'll do it. I mean, I saw recipes for cauliflower "rice," cauliflower mashed "potatoes" and sweet potato damn near everything. I like where this is headed. Of course I'm going to miss pizza, cottage cheese, beer - but it's 30 days. And after seeing pictures of a before and after the #whole30, I really am convinced that it works. It's going to be hard - but it won't kill me. It's good for me. And maybe, just maybe, it will change my way of eating for the future.

While surfing Pinterest tonight, I found something that makes this #whole30 thing a little harder. I like to have fun and eat good food. I like to try new beer and new recipes. But I've also got goals. I want to look good in a bikini (they're the worst) and I want to feel good in some bridesmaid dresses this summer. I want to live my life, but I also want to be healthy.

"In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed."

Live your life, but be smart about it. Have some fun - make some stupid choices. But stay strong too. Work hard to achieve your goals. TRY. Try hard, you'll get there eventually.

Two down, 28 to go - #whole30
One down, 19 to go - #PLY2030

Stay strong,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment