Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 8: I feel GOOD.

Well kids - 8 days down and I still feel good. Besides being FREEZING cold - but hopefully that will change in the next month or so. COME ON SPRING!! Plus I need to start running outside and I don't want to do that if there's a possibility of me catching pneumonia. So I shall wait.

So Monday morning started out like a Monday morning - full of crazy. I made myself a cranberry, banana, kale cube smoothie for breakfast and brought it in to work - but didn't get to touch it until about 11:00 after my crazy morning had calmed down. That was a terrible choice. It had gotten warm, mushed together and ick. What a waste. I felt like my brains were oozing out of my head. It was Monday for sure. Blah. Oh well - at least it went by quickly. That was the major plus. I chowed down on a hamburger and veggies (starving) since my breakfast consisted of coffee and an apple and then headed out to drop a car load of stuff at Goodwill. I have acquired so much CRAP in the past... it just amazes me. I'm sure I could get rid of even more... but then I'll start having separation anxiety and I don't want to do that.

I kept trying to maneuver my night around so I could make it to a yoga class before dinner, but I just couldn't quite make it. Which bums me out - but I've always got tomorrow. Dinner tonight was making me nervous... the make up birthday dinner trip to the OG. I'd been looking at the menu online all week trying to figure out what I could eat that wouldn't ruin my #whole30 trip. I ended up ordering Steak Tuscano with a side of broccoli - and oh hot damn. It was delish. My medium steak was seasoned with Italian seasonings and EVOO and my mouth was WATERING. I pretty much inhaled it. It also didn't help that I had breadsticks and baked risotto sitting in front of me too. And then dessert time came - come on now. There was chocolate mousse, lemoncelo (sp?) and amaretto cakey things within arms reach. I wanted them all. But somehow I managed to say no. I am pretty damn sure that has NEVER happened. Ever. In my life. I love dessert, I love carbs, I love eating until I can't move. But I also love sleeping like a baby and waking up completely rested. I'm full after dinner, but not overly stuffed. But damn - that steak was good.

A recipe was forwarded to me today - full on #whole30 with eggs, ham and veggies - bake them in muffin tins and BAM - breakfast on the go. Super excited to make those this weekend so I can be set for the next week. I found some awesome peppers, asparagus and sweet potatoes to eat the rest of the week and I can't wait. It's fun to go through and see all the new recipes I can come up with and see how they taste. Noms. While I obviously love food and drinks, it's really pretty awesome how I feel after just eating this well for 8 days. Working out consistently, eating well, and getting rest - it's amazing how quickly those little changes can make in your life. I may not always stick with EVERYTHING after this #whole30 is done, but I for sure can keep a couple of these going.

(3) Tumblr
 
 
These are pretty wonderful feelings - and I really love how wonderful I continue to feel. These next 20 days are going to be tough, sure. But they'll also be AWESOME. I'm going to work my ass off and see what happens. I apologize for this post being a little all over the place - but I just feel... good.
 
Spend some of your own time feeling good. I dare you.
 
Loves and hugs,
S


No comments:

Post a Comment