Monday, February 17, 2014

WHOOOOOOOOOA We're HALFWAY There...


With days 14 and 15 done, I can’t say I have much to complain about. Sure I had to be sober when I went out with my friends on Saturday night – and before that I had to stare at the bun from my steak sandwich without eating it, but basically no complaints. I feel like I talk about food ALL THE TIME though. And for that – I apologize. But it’s just so good, and there’s so much GOOD stuff that I just can’t eat right now. So if you’re tired of my talking about food, don’t read my blog – or look at anything on Facebook or Instagram. #sorrynotsorry

After my full two weeks were done yesterday, I tried to be positive. I tried to think “I only have 16 more days to go!” instead of “I’m not even halfway done.” Day 14 was also a day of “firsts” for me. I made a pot roast for the first time with sweet potatoes and carrots – and it turned out pretty damn good. I may have overcooked it a little bit – so now next time I’ll know. I also opened up a pomegranate for the first time. I mean I had to google “what to do with a pomegranate” before I started, but I did it. And they’re pretty good actually. I also had NO IDEA what a pomegranate looked like inside, so I was totally surprised when it was literally JUST seeds. And that’s the part you eat. Mind = BLOWN. I put some in the freezer (apparently they last a while in there) and some in the fridge to make with smoothies and just a topper with my other berries. Not too shabby.

I also had been on a search for the last few days for tahini. I had no idea what it was either – Wikipedia had to fill me in. I wanted to find it because I had found a recipe for a salad (yes I needed a recipe for it) and tahini was in the dressing. I must have looked like a dummy wandering around Dahl’s and Gateway Market trying to find this stuff. All I could picture, was trying to find a ginger root type thing – but really I was not even CLOSE. Tahini is basically ground up sesame seeds turned into a paste. Anyway. I made up the dressing for this salad and I think it’s going to be pretty good. It kind of tastes peanuty, kind of, but a little sweeter. This salad should be pretty decent. I’m kind of excited to try it out. I also bought some almond butter to hopefully take the place of my peanut butter cravings these past couple weeks. Definitely has a grittier texture, and it was like $15 for the tub of it, but it may be worth it. And a source told me that if I buy it from HyVee and grind it myself then it will be cheaper. It kind of looks like dog turds but I bet it tastes good!

I’m 9 classes in on my 20/30 challenge – and I have a confession to make. Yesterday – I was grumpy. It’s possible it was because the devil children were up and running around at 6 am, or it could have been because someone had a cold and was “dying” and I didn’t get to see them. It’s also possible – that it’s because I hadn’t done any yoga for two days. I feel like I’d been pretty relaxed and go-with-the-flow for the last couple weeks and I think taking two days off in a row really made me realize just how good it was for me. So once I got my yoga in last night I immediately relaxed. Yesterday’s intention was “love.” And above all else – love yourself. Love yourself for coming to your mat, for attempting crane instead of crow, for clearing your head and being present. Just love yourself.

I’m going to be making a change this weekend… moving out of my one bedroom apartment where I live by myself, into a place with someone else. I have to get rid of all my “living alone” habits and remember that someone else will be there too. Someone who doesn’t leave clothes on the floor and someone who doesn’t hit the snooze button 6 times before crawling out of bed. This will be a big change for me. And I’m really, REALLY excited about it. Plus – this new place has a pool and hot tub – so there’s that. Of course I’m a little nervous, but it’s going to be great. And then we get to decorate it and furnish it together – and that really excites me. And I have someone to share coffee with in the morning – even if it will be plain ol’ black coffee for another couple weeks.

Let’s check the count again:
15/30 - #whole30 – I’M HALFWAY DONE!
9/20 - #PLY2030 – I’M HALFWAY DONE! (after tomorrow anyway)

I won’t know what to do once my 30 days are up. Maybe I’ll go back to being lazy and eating crappy, or I’ll keep ideals from both and be so much happier. Only time will tell…

Love yourself,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment